Foundations of Community Organising:
This 2 day institute explores why and how we are building this Alliance. Partner organisations are encouraged to send individual leaders to participate. It is an important space for your leaders and members to connect with other organisations and to develop skills in Community Organising.
Organisations interested in exploring partnership of the Queensland Community Alliance are encouraged to send individuals to participate in the Institute and to get a feel for what we are building, and how this Alliance will work.
This 2 day institute is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience. These ideas have been successfully translated to an Australian context by the Sydney Alliance.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
- November 18, 2013 at 9am – November 19, 2013
371 Simpsons Rd Bardon
Brisbane, QLD 4065
Google map and directions
- 20 people are going