Foundations of Community Organising:
This 2 day training institute will be held on Thursday 23 and Friday 24 July from 9am-4pm. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending both days. The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees who are members of partner organisations in the Alliance, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch each day.
- July 23, 2015 at 9am – July 24, 2015
St Paul's Catholic Church, Parish Meeting Room
3 St Paul's Dr
Logan, QLD 4114
Google map and directions