Foundations of Community Organising - October 2021
Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This training institute will be held in person on Saturday 23 October, and Saturday 30 October from 9am to 5pm each day. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending all sessions.
- Saturday, October 23, 9am-5pm
- Saturday, October 30, 9am-5pm
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch on each day.
Townsville, QLD 4810
Google map and directions