Foundations of Community Organising Training - September 2022
Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This training institute will be held in person on Wed 14 and Thurs 15 September from 9am to 4:30pm each day. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending all sessions.
- Wednesday 14 September, 9am-4:30pm
- Thursday 15 September, 9am-4:30pm
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch on each day.
435 Rode Rd
Chermside, QLD 4032
Google map and directions