Join the campaign for an NDIS that works. Sign our Campaign Pledge here.
Our Care Campaign
At the Founding Assembly, 30 August 2017, we launched our campaign for better CARE. You can read our Research Action Team's Report and see the video below.
Take action now!
- Sign our Campaign Pledge to #FixAndFundtheNDIS
- Be part of a meeting with your local MP, along with other Alliance leaders from your area - email email@example.com if you're interested.
- Host a Better Care Table Talk in your congregation, mosque, community centre or workplace - email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
What we've won together so far:
- State funding for disability advocacy secured to June 30, 2021.
- Extended funding of Workability Project for 2018/19.
Reduction of ACAT waiting times to Australian benchmarks.
- Establishment of a workforce training and development fund to assist transition to national scheme
- Commitment to minimum staffing levels, based on research, where State delivers residential aged care.
What we're acting on next:
- A Queensland Disability Commission.
Induction and registration of all consumer directed care workers.
- Queensland Health Ombudsman to actively investigate aged care issues.
- Scenario Planning process for Aged Care bringing together consumers, workers and charities around the future of aged care.