Join the campaign for an NDIS that works. Sign our Campaign Pledge here.
Our Care Campaign
At the Founding Assembly, 30 August 2017, we launched our campaign for better CARE. You can read our Research Action Team's Report and see the video below.
Take action now!
- Sign our Campaign Pledge to #FixAndFundtheNDIS
- Be part of a meeting with your local MP, along with other Alliance leaders from your area - email email@example.com if you're interested.
- Host a Better Care Table Talk in your congregation, mosque, community centre or workplace - email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
What we've won together so far:
- State funding for disability advocacy secured to June 30, 2021.
- Extended funding of Workability Project for 2018/19.
Reduction of ACAT waiting times to Australian benchmarks.
- Establishment of a workforce training and development fund to assist transition to national scheme
- Commitment to minimum staffing levels, based on research, where State delivers residential aged care.
What we're acting on next:
- A Queensland Disability Commission.
Induction and registration of all consumer directed care workers.
- Queensland Health Ombudsman to actively investigate aged care issues.
- Scenario Planning process for Aged Care bringing together consumers, workers and charities around the future of aged care.
** This page is updated on a regular basis, so check in here for more info or sign up to our campaigns for updates. **
The Queensland Community Alliance launched two state-wide campaigns at the Founding Assembly.
The Care Campaign is looking for solutions to the quality and delivery of aged care, mental health care, disability care and the transition for people to the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme).
You can join the Care Campaign team and play an active role, share the campaign with your community, share your personal story or simply stay informed with what's happening.
The Employment & Training Campaign wants an end to worker exploitation, particularly for vulnerable workers, and affordable and high quality vocational training for all.
You can join the Employment & Training team and play an active role, share the campaign with your community, share your personal story or simply stay informed with what's happening.
In late 2017 we held an 'all in' Campaign Action Planning event to work on the next steps with both campaigns.
And while you're here...watch a video of what it's like to be part of a campaign and work together for the common good.