Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This training institute will be held in mixed mode from Thursday 29 July, with two online evening sessions and a full day in person. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending all sessions.
- Thurs, July 29, 5:30-8:30pm (online)
- Sat, July 31, 9am-5pm (in person at Ground Floor, Wesley House, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane, Qld 4000)
- Tues, August 3, 5:30-8:30pm (online)
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees who are members of partner organisations in the Alliance, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch on the Saturday.
140 Ann St
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions