This 2 day institute explores why and how we are building this Alliance. Partner organisations are encouraged to send individual leaders to participate. It is an important space for your leaders and members to connect with other organisations and to develop skills in Community Organising.
When based in different suburbs, these institutes build local connections and move local leaders towards action. They are intentionally designed to seed and accelerate our Community organising districts.
Organisations interested in exploring partnership of the Queensland Community Organising Alliance are also encouraged to send individuals to participate in the Institute and to get a feel for the coalition.
This 2 day institute is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience. These ideas are translated to an Australian context.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
- August 15, 2013 at 9am – August 16, 2013
Uniting Church of Australia Synod Office
60 Bayliss St
Auchenflower, QLD 4066
Google map and directions