Foundations of Community Organising:
This 2 day institute will be held on Saturday 19 July and Saturday 26 July. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending both days. The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
This Foundations training will be a second step in the formation of a local district of the Queensland Community Alliance in Logan.
- July 19, 2014 at 9am – 4pm
Beenleigh Uniting Church,
32-50 Mt Warren Blvd
Mt Warren Park , QLD 4207
Google map and directions