Join the Care Campaign Action Team
At the Founding Assembly, 30 August 2017, we launched our campaign for better CARE and you can read our Research Action Team's Report here.
We are forming a team to lead the campaign on these issues. Now's your chance to get involved!
If you can't be part of the team but still want to stay informed or can help in other ways please sign up for what you can on this page.
What the Care Action Team will do:
- Support local area groups over the next two months to lead actions in electorates with MPs and candidates where they commit to advancing our asks.
- Develop a campaign to run across Southeast Queensland over the next 6 months.
- Build relationships with other key organisations in this area.
- Organising a meeting with the next Premier of Queensland and relevant Ministers.
If you're passionate about good jobs and quality training then we need you! Sign up here to get involved or contact Dave Copeman for more information.
What the Care Campaign is looking for:
In the last few months leading up to the Founding Assembly the Alliance Care Research Action Team came up with these broad points for the campaign that the Action Team will further develop:
- Reduce waiting time Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessments
- Fund Disability advocacy
- A Queensland Human Rights Ac
- Establish a care training fund
- Fund the NDIS Workability Project
- An Aged Care Workability Project
- Induction and registration of all consumer directed care worker
- Staffing levels for state residential aged care
- A Queensland Disability Commission
- Queensland Health Ombudsman to actively investigate aged care issues