Queensland Community Alliance brings together 32 member organisations representing 1.7 million Queenslanders. We organise our members and communities to act for the common good. We are churches, mosques, other faith groups, trade unions, community organisations and ethnic associations.
Community organising is democracy in action: winning victories that change lives, transform communities, develop leadership and strengthen civil society.
This Alliance is based around the personal relationships we build across organisations in our local area. We identify and train people to become leaders in community organising, and decide our priorities for action together, through a process of listening to stories of pressures that our members face and witness.
The core elements of our Alliance are:
- Non-partisan. Holding politicians of all parties to their responsibility to serve the community.
- Adhering to the rule never to do for other what they can do for themselves.
- We will work in partnership to together solve the problems we face.
- A commitment to listening to the voice of the excluded and partnership with the most vulnerable in our community.
- Self-funding— funded out of the dues of member organisations (contributing according to their size and capacity), and not accepting government funding.
- Working only on issues that make our Alliance stronger. We do not work on issues which bring core values of our members into tension. Instead, we seek to address the tension that exists between our shared values, and what we witness in the world.
See more on our top wins and how we work here.