The National Training program is a 6-day, residential course for people committed to understanding the craft of community organising – those who want to play a key role in leading the activities of the Alliance, acting as a bridge between our member organisations, or transforming their own organisation.
The residential course builds a close community of leaders across participating civil society organisations that represent the diversity our communities in Sydney, Queensland and the Hunter. The 6-Day National Training is also open to those seeding or exploring new Alliances across Australia.
Leaders are equipped with the tools they need to be more strategic and effective and to build and strengthen their organisations in the process. The course focuses on power, organisations, relationships and leadership.
The dates for this year are:
5-Day: Auckland - May 8th-12th
(full cost: $1200)
Venue: Vaughan Park Anglican Retreat Centre, Torbay, Auckland
Register here for Auckland.
- Register here for Auckland.
6-Day: Brisbane - July 16th-21st*
(full cost Partner Organisations: $1760, Non-Partner Organisations: $2750)
Venue: Santa Teresa Spirituality Centre Ormiston, QLD
Register here before 30th June 2023 for Brisbane.
- Register here before 30th June 2023 for Brisbane.
6-Day: Newcastle - September dates TBC*
(full cost $1760)
- Australia dates may change with the calling of the date for the referendum.
- Listed costs are GST inclusive and include accommodation, meals, and training costs.
- The training is live-in residential and places may be limited.
If you have any questions, please direct them in the first instance to Stephen at [email protected].
Pre-requisites for the 6 Day Training
- Attended a 2-day Foundations of Community Organising training.
- Endorsed by a partner organisation or invited by an Alliance organiser in Queensland, Sydney or the Hunter Valley.