Fish & Chip Friday outside Cameron Dick's Office
Veronica told her story at our Assembly. She shared that if she had solar panels on her public housing, she would be able to take her Granddaughter for a drive to have fish and chips.
So we're having Fish and Chip picnics this Friday 9th October!
It's part of working to get a package Cutting electricity costs through renewable energy - we can support vulnerable Queenslanders by permanently reducing costs, increasing renewable energy capacity, and creating jobs at the same time. We want to make sure any package includes solar on public housing, interest free loans for battery storage, and rebates for energy efficient appliances.
- Organise a few people to have fish and chips outside an MP's office on Friday. It doesn't matter what time.
- Invite the MP to attend. You can give them a heads up on the phone or email on Thursday. But don't panic if they don't attend.
- Pick up some fish and chips and sit outside your local MP's office.
- Take photos of your group having fish and chips outside the office!
- Use the signs that have been developed (here and here) and make sure that the sign is in photos so that people know what is happening and understand the context.
- Text the photos to 0447189314 so that Elise can upload it to Facebook straight away.
- You should also post the photos on your own social media pages and tag your MP. Share in any community pages or groups you're part of, too!
- Eat the fish and chips together!
- You can use it as an opportunity to get to know each other better as our alliance is built on relationships!
- Share stories such as: share a story about why action on household renewables and cutting power prices is important to you and your community.