Maroonprint Assembly with Deb Frecklington
As we recover from the ongoing Covid19 crisis there has never been a more important time for building a fairer, more sustainable and thriving Queensland full of opportunity for everyone.
We need to capitalise on the strengths that have underpinned our response to the health crisis, while responding to the problems this crisis has revealed.
As organised civil society we want to see this achieved in a way that responds to the needs of Queensland and Queenslanders.
Together we have developed a "Maroonprint" that captures the direction needed by the 1.7 million Queenslanders represented by our Alliance. It's a "Maroonprint" because why have a "blueprint" in Queensland!
We want to see:
- Economic stimulus focused on creating good secure jobs, targeted to the vulnerable small businesses and vulnerable workers.
- Invest in the public services that have supported Queenslanders through the crisis.
- Create jobs and industries in climate solutions to ensure Queensland does its fair share.
- Strengthen Queensland’s rural and regional communities.
- Build the community infrastructure of the 21st Century across Queensland.
- Develop a new strategy for addressing Social Isolation and Loneliness.
- Ensure new Queenslanders from migrant communities are welcomed and supported.
- Establish a commission with broad community representation.
- Ensure new legislative and police powers are reviewed in a transparent way.
We will be publicly negotiating with both the Queensland Government and Opposition about committing to the Maroonprint vision and practical principles.
Will you attend this online Maroonprint Assembly with Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington?
This Maroonprint Assembly will aim to:
- Bring together hundreds of civil society leaders from churches, mosques, unions, ethnic associations and charities.
- Share the stories of our people across Queensland.
- Present the Maroonprint for Queensland Reconstruction to Opposition Leader Deb Frecklington.
- Ask the Opposition Leader to develop a plan that reflects the principles in the Maroonprint.
- Build a relationship for future negotiation and accountability around our shared values.