Foundations of Community Organising
Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This Foundations training institute will be held from Friday 13 September 6-9pm, Saturday 14 8.30- 5.30pm. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending both Friday and Saturday.
There will also be an additional session Sunday 15th 1-5pm. Sunday afternoon will be specifically focused on the theological underpinnings for Community Organising within the Christian tradition.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
- There is no cost to attendees who are members of partner organisations in the Alliance, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch each day.
60 Bayliss St Auchenflower
brisbane, QLD 4066
Google map and directions