Foundations of Community Organising - August 2020
Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This training institute will be held in seven online modules as follows:
Wed, August 12:
- 9.15-11.30am: Introduction to Community Organising
- 12.30-2pm: Public Pressures and Exploring Our Stories
Tues, August 18:
- 9.15-11am: Power: Power With, and Power Over
- 11.30am-1pm: Relational Meetings
Wed, August 19:
- 9.15-11am: Listening Campaigns and Table Talks
- 12-1.30pm: Research, Action, Power Analysis, and Next Steps
Wed, August 26:
- 12-2pm: Community of Practice
It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending all sessions.
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees who are members of partner organisations in the Alliance, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch each day.