Foundations of Community Organising Training - Gladstone 2023
Foundations of Community Organising:
The training is based on the philosophy and practices developed by the Industrial Areas Foundation in over 65 years of successful organising experience.
This training institute will be held in person on Thurs 31 Aug and Fri 1 Sept from 9am to 4:00pm each day. It is necessary for all attendees to commit to attending all sessions.
- Thursday 31 August, 8:30am for 9:00am-4:00pm
- Friday 1 September, 8:30am for 9:00am-4:00pm
Topics at the 2 Day Foundations training include:
- Community Organising: based on the history and tradition of our religious, union and community organisations
- Relational Organising: individual relational meetings, listening assemblies, research, negotiation and action
- Strengthening our Organisations: building a culture that is relational, action oriented and reflective/learning
- Using Relational Power in the public sphere to take collaborative action on common issues
There is no cost to attendees, although we ask a $10 donation for lunch on each day.
1 Pengelly St
Maxine Brushe Meeting Room
West Gladstone, QLD 4680
Google map and directions