We've had some fantastic wins in our Connecting our Community campaign:
- Extra buses are on the roads servicing Yarrabilba.
- Our new Mayor committed $1 Million/year towards funding better public transport.
- Council and State Government agreed to work together on an Integrated Transport Plan that will address Logan's long-term transport problems.
- The Qld Government announced an Australia first trial of a "Demand Responsive Transport Scheme" to start early next year. This is where you can order a ride for the cost of a translink fare.
- Principles agreed by State, Council and Community that will guide the plan and future public transport decisions.
There's still work to do turning commitments into reality. We need everyone to build support in your neighbourhood, your organisation, your family. Our campaign page is Connecting our Community visit it to learn about the campaign, and volunteer!
Public Transport is important to all of us. Jordan and Marjorie (above) shared powerful stories about this at our first Logan Assembly. They ignited our passion for quality public transport in Logan that connects us to work, to study and to each other. Check out the video below to see how it all started: