Maroonprint Briefing #2
Our Alliance is bringing together a bigger and broader constituency than ever before to act for a post-Covid reconstruction in Queensland that meets the needs of Queenslanders and works for the long term.
We have a unique moment for building a fairer, more sustainable and thriving Queensland full of opportunity for everyone.
The Covid pandemic has exposed the cracks that already existed in our society, and the pressures on our families and communities.
As we rebuild, we need to keep the things we like and are proud of, but use the opportunity to fix the challenges we face.
So together we have developed a "Maroonprint" that captures the direction needed by the 1.7 million Queenslanders represented by our Alliance. It's a "Maroonprint" because why have a "blueprint" in Queensland!
We're calling on the Queensland Government and all political parties to:
- Provide economic stimulus focused on creating good secure jobs, targeted to the vulnerable small businesses and vulnerable workers.
- Invest in the public services that have supported Queenslanders through the crisis.
- Create jobs and industries in climate solutions to ensure Queensland does its fair share.
- Strengthen Queensland’s rural and regional communities.
- Build the community infrastructure of the 21st Century across Queensland.
- Develop a new strategy for addressing Social Isolation and Loneliness.
- Ensure new Queenslanders from migrant communities are welcomed and supported.
- Establish a commission with broad community representation.
- Ensure new legislative and police powers are reviewed in a transparent way.
Join us at our Maroonprint Briefing to:
- Learn more about the Maroonprint and upcoming negotiations with the Premier and Opposition Leader.
- Connect with civil society leaders from churches, mosques, unions, ethnic associations and charities.
- Share the stories of our people across Queensland.
- Develop a plan for helping people in your organisation/community to understand and support the Maroonprint.
Google map and directions