It's been a year since our Founding Assembly and we've had a win every 33 days!
Here's what we've won together:
Better Care - NDIS and Aged Care:
- State funding for disability advocacy secured to June 30, 2021.
- Extended funding of Workability Project for 2018/19.
Reduction of ACAT waiting times to Australian benchmarks.
- Commitment to minimum staffing levels, based on research, where State delivers residential aged care.
Employment and Training:
New Labour Hire Inspectors to expose exploitative employment practices for Qld’s most vulnerable workers.
A commitment to particularly targeting these inspectors to contract cleaning, seasonal farm work and hospitality.
The establishment of a new government-led apprenticeship program under Qld Government's Building Asset Services.
Changes to implementation of Schools Solar program that ensure procurement policies will be triggered and extra apprentices are employed.
- Stafford: New car park at Prince Charles Hospital that will be publicly funded and built.
- 3 Community Maternity Hubs are up and running, fulfilling the commitments made last year.
- Implementation of Australia's first Demand Responsive Transport trial in Logan, Sept 2017 - Sept 2018.
- Extension of Demand Responsive Transport trial to a fourth trial site.
We've been winning together through the relationships and action of thousands of people from community organisations, unions, faith groups and ethnic associations.