We're coming together five and half weeks out from the expected polling day to reconnect and re-energise for the final stretch of the campaign to establish an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice.
Every single vote and every single conversation is going to count in this referendum. For months now, Alliance leaders have been busy hosting small group conversations in churches, community centres, mosques and in people's homes. Hundreds of people have connected on values and participated in civic education exercises, ensuring they are informed and engaged this referendum.
Now, it's time to dive right in. There is still time to take action and have an impact. This event is an opportunity for you and your organisation or community to:
- Hear from First Nations Leaders about why this moment matters;
- Learn from other civil society organisations about what has worked, and what else they have planned;
- Get involved for the final sprint of the campaign.
Voting in this referendum is about more than just the Voice. It's the best chance we've had in a generation to stand with First Nations People in their plight to stop Aboriginal deaths in custody, for land rights, treaty and truth telling.
Join us on Tuesday 5th September to learn more about how you can best stand with First Nations communities and get active in this referendum!
- Central Station is less than two blocks (5 minutes’ walk) away along Ann Street.
- Buses stop nearby.
- Check the TransLink website for train, bus and ferry information.
- There is limited paid On-street (kerbside meters) parking in streets around St John's, but not directly outside the Cathedral.
- Paid underground parking available at Cathedral Square Car Park opposite.
Authorised by Devett Kennedy, Queensland Community Alliance, 300 Ann Street Brisbane 4000.
373 Ann St
Brisbane City, QLD 4000
Google map and directions