Walking Together Training - Gold Coast
Developed and facilitated by Youth Off The Streets’ Nicole Laupepa and Jacqui Parker – First Nations and non-Indigenous trainers respectively – Walking Together enables and empowers the wider community to take positive action towards a fairer and more just Australia.
In this half-day workshop, participants gain a deeper understanding of who we are as a nation and how to take meaningful action towards reconciliation. The content covers the importance of a Voice to Parliament, how individuals and organisations can play a role in ensuring it is established, and why reconciliation is an ongoing journey that requires action from us all.
You’ll learn about:
- The invitation to all Australians in the Uluru Statement from the Heart
- The importance of Voice, Treaty and Truth
- A Voice to Parliament – to the referendum and beyond
- The concept of ‘Makarrata’
- Accepting the invitation in the Uluru Statement with purposeful advocacy that advances reconciliation in Australia.
Sign up here for the Walking Together Workshop.
1 Dominions Rd
Ashmore, QLD 4214
Google map and directions