Walking Together Training - Logan
Developed and facilitated by Youth Off The Streets’ Nicole Laupepa and Jacqui Parker – First Nations and non-Indigenous trainers respectively – Walking Together enables and empowers the wider community to take positive action towards a fairer and more just Australia.
In this half-day workshop, participants gain a deeper understanding of who we are as a nation and how to take meaningful action towards reconciliation. The content covers the importance of a Voice to Parliament, how individuals and organisations can play a role in ensuring it is established, and why reconciliation is an ongoing journey that requires action from us all.
You’ll learn about:
- The invitation to all Australians in the Uluru Statement from the Heart
- The importance of Voice, Treaty and Truth
- A Voice to Parliament – to the referendum and beyond
- The concept of ‘Makarrata’
- Accepting the invitation in the Uluru Statement with purposeful advocacy that advances reconciliation in Australia.
Sign up here for the Walking Together Workshop.
55 Wembley Rd
Woodridge, QLD 4114
Google map and directions